Legal document: T-S 8J5.5Legal document T-S 8J5.5
Input dateIn PGP since 2017
Court proceedings in the case of al-Wuhsha (or al-Wahsha) against Yosef al-Lebdī. Wuhsha's representative, Moshe b. Yeshuaʿ, sues al-Lebdī for her share of 300 dīnārs ("more or less") realized from the investment of Wuhsha's deceased brother, Abū Naṣr, in al-Lebdī's merchandise, sold or unsold. The total value of the investment was 800 dīnārs. al-Lebdī argued that the 300 dīnārs had nothing to do with that partnership, but he was prepared to include them if al-Wuḥsha would do the same, reciprocally, with the 22 bales of lac that her representative claimed were part of a separate deal. The document was written by Ḥalfon b. Menashshe and signed by ʿEli ha-Levi b. Netanʾel (brother of Ḥalfon b. Netanʾel) and Yiṣḥaq b. Shemuʾel, one of the two Fustat judges. Dated: 30 June 1104. Refers to a previous court session; see IB I, 25 (PGPID 5347) and I, 27–28 (PGPID 5349).
Edition: Goitein, S. D.
T-S 8J5.5 1r
TranscriptionS. D. Goitein, unpublished editions.
T-S 8J5.5 1v
- למוכלתי ומה דהוה קדמנא כתבנא וחתמנא
- דליהוי לזכו ולראיה תלי ביני שיטי כלטה
- מע אלתמניה מאיה אלמדכורה וקיימין כולהון
- ודין קיומיהון יצחק ביר שמואל זכ לב
ב א פ ח
- עלי הלוי ביר נתנאל סט חלפון הלוי ביר מנשה נע
T-S 8J5.5 2r
T-S 8J5.5 2v
Image Permissions Statement
- T-S 8J5.5: Provided by Cambridge University Library. Zooming image © Cambridge University Library, All rights reserved. This image may be used in accord with fair use and fair dealing provisions, including teaching and research. If you wish to reproduce it within publications or on the public web, please contact email@example.com.