Legal document: T-S K25.240.11Legal document T-S K25.240.11
Input dateIn PGP since 2004
Autograph order in the hand of Avraham Maimonides. Abū l-Majd is to expedite the payment of 81 dirhams to the Muslim Judge Shams al-Din. This is the remaining balance due for the capitation tax of the poor for the Muslim year 614 (ended March 29, 1218) for Shams al-Din. T-S K25.240 consists of small written orders, partly in Hebrew and partly in Arabic script, for monthly payments, made out of the rent-revenue from the pious foundation (waqf) 'Compound of the Poor' or from the pious foundation made by the physician al-Muhadhdhab. All dated orders are from spring and summer, 1218. (Information from Mediterranean Society, II, pp. 420-421, App. A 48-92; pp. 449-450, App. B 39b [dated 1210-1225]; Cohen, Poverty and Charity in the Jewish Community of Medieval Egypt, pp. 218-220)
Edition: Cohen, Mark
T-S K25.240.11 1r
TranscriptionMark Cohen, Unpublished editions (in Judaeo-Arabic).
- אלשיך אבו אלמגד שצ' יעגל בתסלים
- אחד ותמאנין דרהמא ללקאצי שמס אלדין
- תגליק מא בקי לה מן גואלי סנה ארבע
- ועשרה וסת מאיה יא` אלעגמה (עלעגמד/ר/י?) ושלום
T-S K25.240.11 1v
Image Permissions Statement
- T-S K25.240.11: Provided by Cambridge University Library. Zooming image © Cambridge University Library, All rights reserved. This image may be used in accord with fair use and fair dealing provisions, including teaching and research. If you wish to reproduce it within publications or on the public web, please contact email@example.com.