Letter: T-S 16.150Letter T-S 16.150
Input dateIn PGP since 2021
Verso: Drafts of at least half a dozen letters and other texts in Arabic script. One letter (written between the lines of another one) is to the writer's maternal aunt (khālatī sayyidatī al-ʿazīza). This one contains only expressions of longing. The letter around it is addressed to a dignitary and may report that someone has been captured (qubiḍa ʿalā X jazāhu allāh), and may God expose the works of a certain group of dogs (jamāʿat al-kilāb). Another letter by an official titled Nāṣir li-Dīn, to the wazīr who is also the supreme judge and chief Dāʿī beseeching him to look out for him. Another text block is the beginning of the muʿallaqa of Imruʾ al-Qays ("Qifā nabki...") Another text block, located in the margin at 90 degrees to the muʿallaqa, names one of the parties from the Judaeo-Arabic legal document on recto, or perhaps his brother: "...and the slave was employed with Abū l-Ḥasan ʿAlī b. Sahlawayh b. Ḥusayn in the ṣināʿa (arsenal? manufacture?)." Dating: recto contains a legal document from 1057 CE, so this side is probably later. Merits further examination. (Information in part from Goitein's index card.)
Edition: Umrethwala, Yusuf
T-S 16.150 1v
TranscriptionYusuf Umrethwala, unpublished editions (n.p., 2023).
Bottom of the page
- بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- كتب عبد سيدنا الناصر للدين عماد المسلمين
- للاجل الاوحدالمكين سيد الوزراء وتاج الاصفيا
- قاضي القضاة وداعي الدعاة خليل امير المؤمنين
- وخالصته راغبا الى الحضرة الطاهر حسن النظر
T-S 16.150 1r
Image Permissions Statement
- T-S 16.150: Provided by Cambridge University Library. Zooming image © Cambridge University Library, All rights reserved. This image may be used in accord with fair use and fair dealing provisions, including teaching and research. If you wish to reproduce it within publications or on the public web, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.